Get Involved in the Association
Make the most of your membership and join a GSABA Council or Committee today! Connect with members who are planning events and assisting the direction of the Association’s goals through councils and committees. If you enjoy going the extra mile and making a difference, serving on a GSABA council or committee is perfect for you.
- Associates Council
- Sales & Marketing Committee (SMC)
- Young Professional Leadership Committee (YPLC)
Budget/Finance Committee – The Budget and Finance Committee prepares the annual budget for each year. Monitoring the associations’ annual performance and making adjustments to the budget throughout the year enables GSABA to help co-host conventions as the International Builders’ Show.
Government Affairs Committee – The GSABA Government Affairs Committee works in conjunction with GSABA staff to address issues that impact the home building industry at the city, county, state, and federal level. The GSABA Government Affairs Committee strives to protect the industry from onerous regulations that could raise the cost of housing in the Greater San Antonio area.
- The committee works diligently in:
- Monitoring and reviewing codes, ordinances and legislation which directly impacts the home building industry.
- Communicating with elected officials and policy makers regarding our industry issues.
- Formulating and advocating for needed changes, and educate members about current issues, new laws,
regulatory and administrative matters.
- The committee works closely with the Texas Association of Builders (TAB) on state affairs and has direct contact with the legislators in our area, as well as county and city officials. While the primary focus is on state and local levels, the committee monitors and provides input on federal legislation and agency activity directly to our Federal officials.
Other Committees Include:
- BBQ Cook-Off Event Committee
- Chili Cook-Off
- Parade of Homes™
- Million Dollar Circle Awards
- Summit Awards
- StrucSure ProAm Golf Event Committee
- Crawfish Boil
- Building Believers (Military Luncheon)
- Remodelers Task Force
- SABPAC Trustee•
- Student Chapter Mentor Committee
TX Assoc. of Builders (TAB)
- TAB Board & Committees
- Rally Day Committee
National - NAHB
- NAHB Board & Committees
- Legislative Conference Delegate
- Developers Council
- Remodelers Council