What is a Spike?
A Spike is an individual who has earned at least 6 credits within a two year period. Spike credits are earned by recruiting and retaining members.
With the help of NAHB, the Greater San Antonio Builders Association recognizes and rewards these membership development efforts with its Spike Club awards program. Awards are earned beginning with 6 credits and at different increments up to the status of All-Time Big Spike of 1500.
How Credits Are Earned
- Individuals earn one new member credit for each new member sponsored.
- One retention credit is automatically assigned to the sponsor of record for first-year renewals, if the renewal occurs on or before the anniversary date. Every year after one-half a credit is earned, if the renewal form lists the sponsoring member.
- One-half credit is earned for the recruitment of a new council member.
- One-quarter credit is earned for a council membership renewal.
Spike Achievement Levels
- Spike Candidate - 1 to 5 credits
- Blue Spike - 6 to 24 credits
- Life Spike - 25 to 49 credits
- Green Spike - 50 to 99 credits
- Red Spike - 100 to 149 credits
- Royal Spike - 150 to 249 credits
- Super Spike - 250 to 499 credits
- Statesman Spike - 500 to 999 credits
- Grand Spike - 1000 to 1499
- All-Time Big Spike - 1500+
Why Become a Spike?
GSABA Spikes are celebrated in the GSABA Building on the SPIKE WALL OF FAME. Earn 100 Spike Points through new member recruitment and current member retention, and you’ll find your picture on the Wall! Before you get to this point, you earn several prizes from GSABA, TAB, and NAHB along the way.